Limited Special Offer #1: Purchase $100 or more and get a 15% DISCOUNT. Simply type 15SP in the COUPON CODE box and then hit the APPLY COUPON button.
Hyperkeratosis is an excess thickening of the outer layer of the
skin, which contains a tough, protective protein called keratin. Many
people suffer from this condition and know little about how to treat it
with natural remedies. I will share with you
the various ways of caring for this condition naturally.
There are many examples of hyperkeratosis, including:
• Palmar and plantar keratosis - Is a congenital, often hereditary, thickening of the horny layer of the skin of the palms and soles, sometimes with painful lesions resulting from the formation of fissures.
• Corns and calluses – When areas of skin are exposed to repeated friction or pressure, thick layers of dead skin cells form the hardened areas we call corns and calluses. Corns usually develop on irritated toes, and calluses form on the soles of the feet and the palms of the hands.
• Chronic eczema – Eczema , also called dermatitis, is an inflammation of the skin that can be triggered by allergies, irritating chemicals and other factors. Eczema causes itching, redness and tiny blisters. When the inflammation is difficult to control, chronic eczema can lead to hyperkeratosis, dry skin, scaling, changes in skin color and localized hair loss.
• Lichen planus – This condition may appear as a lacy white patch or as an itchy, violet, scaly patch anywhere on the skin. Researchers suspect that it may be related to an abnormal reaction of the immune system.
• Actinic keratosis – These are flat, red, rough sandpaperlike spots or patches of skin are caused by excessive exposure to the ultraviolet radiation of sunlight. They occur on sun-exposed areas of skin, and they have the potential to develop into squamous cell carcinoma.
• Seborrheic keratosis – These are small, noncancerous skin growths. They can be tan, brown or black and are found on the face, trunk, arms or legs.
• Ichthyosis – This causes a widespread, thick, platelike scaling of the skin. Symptoms begin either shortly after birth or during early childhood.
Conventional medications such as hydocortisone and steroids may bring more harm than good and worsen the imbalance to the immune system and skin function.
This disease can be successfully cared for with the proper natural knowledge and products. To get the positive results that many achieve, follow these recommendations.
1) Daily cleansing of the affected area is very important. Washing with a hypo-allergenic "non-soap" wash helps the process of washing away the dead skin cells from the skin. This is critical in order to begin the healing process. Most soaps, even doctor recommended ones, contain harsh and drying chemicals that will only exacerbate the symptoms. Avoid these!
2) You need to deeply unpack dry, hardened skin cells and bring moisture back to your skin. You will need to moisturize your skin with the proper cream containing the best, healthful ingredients.
Vitamin-derived antioxidants from plant sourced ingredients not only make the best ingredients for your "inside", but for your "outside" as well. For instance, vitamin C is essential for collagen formation and helps to maintain the integrity of skin tissue. Urea , another primary ingredient, will repair skin 7 layers deep unpacking dead, dry cells and acts as a strong humectant bringing necessary balance back to the skin.
3) In addition, you need to restore balance through proper nutrition which will greatly affect your immune health. Highly recommended are essential fatty acids, such as omega-3, omega-6, omega-9 & GLA as well as Chlorella and Spirulina that provide superior and unbeatable nutrition.
Letter to Nanette,
Since birth I have had Hyperkeratosis on the bottom of my hands and feet. It is hereditary since my father and grandmother both had it. I suffered for years before I found your helpful website and began using the Face & Body Wash and the Double Strength TheraCream. I used the cream twice a day like you recommended and for the first time in my life my hands and feet are the softest they have ever been. I will keep using your products! Thank you very much! Dustin S., UK
Please Note: Disclaimer - These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. The information, products, answers to viewer questions as well as comments and testimonials from viewers are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.