Scalp Seborrheic Dermatitis can be a devastating condition to deal with especially when you need to face the world on a daily basis. The usual signs are areas of pink to red inflamed scalp with either dry or greasy flakes. In some cases, the affected areas may also itch or burn significantly.
Many people ask, "What causes Scalp Seborrheic Dermatitis?"
Although researchers don't know the exact causes, one popular theory is that it is associated with yeast (malassezia genus) organisms that are common residents of human skin. Since they need lipids to survive, they tend to colonize areas of the skin that are relatively rich with sebum.
These fungi, according to some studies, are believed to trigger an immuno-allergic type response in susceptible individuals, while other studies report that the yeast metabolize sebum and generate byproducts that are irritating to the skin.
Other factors suspected of possibly contributing to seborrheic dermatitis include:
* genetic predisposition
* seborrhea (oily skin) fosters the growth of malassezia
* environment, i.e., temperature, humidity
* exposure to soaps, detergents and irritants that degrade the skin's barrier function
* androgens may play a role by increasing sebum output
* other neurological conditions such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, and paralysis
* mood disorders such as depression * alcoholism
* stress/diet/poor hygiene
* seasons, i.e., winter, summer* work environment
Many times symptoms involving the scalp can be hard to figure out but the bottom line is that you need relief and you need it now! So what can you do to bring much needed help to this condition?
1) At night before bedtime, rub a specially formulated therapeutic double strength cream into the parts of the scalp affected. A double strength formula penetrates the thicker skin of the scalp deeper and faster. Allow to absorb overnight into the 7 layers of scalp tissue.
2) In the morning wash scalp and hair with the proper shampoo that will help to properly moisturize the scalp and restore the pH necessary to bring balance back to your scalp. Repeat as necessary until the problem is gone.
Our natural products work fast and hard to help soothe inflammation and restore balance back to the scalp which is what is needed.
Dear Nanette, I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder, Pemphigus Vulgaris. I had extensive mouth, scalp, nose, throat and skin ulcers and blisters. I had serious allergies to topical medications prescribed and the condition worsened. One month before diagnosis and treatment with prednisone I started using your Herbal Treatment Shampoo and my scalp began healing! By the time I started prednisone to put the condition in remission my scalp was nearly clear with a small area of damaged skin that I applied Double Thera cream to nightly. I hope the hair I lost will grow back in. I am continuing to use Double Thera cream on my body as well to help heal and fade the skin damaged by ulcers. I am so grateful to have effective products like yours for healing! L.M., CA, USA
Please Note: Disclaimer - These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information, products, answers to viewer questions as well as comments and testimonials from viewers are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Special Note: Some of our customers who have provided a testimonial have received a free product for their kind contribution.